Once your beautiful baby arrives so much attention goes onto the baby many women forget about their own needs. It is essential that the mother is also given special attention. In many cultures around the globe the postnatal period is called 40 sacred days for the 40 weeks of pregnancy, and is a time to nurture and nourish the mother.
As a new mum you need to take care of yourself while caring for your baby. This is the kindest act you can gift yourself and is fundamental in keeping healthy both emotionally and physically.
Regular massage during the postnatal period is a great way to feel less stressed and restore the body to its pre-pregnancy condition. It addresses physical conditions and brings balance to your emotion health. When a new mother is well supported and cared for she is less likely to suffer with PTSD.
Deep relaxation is a wonderful way to restore yourself after exhausting night feeds, encourages healing of sore tissue, and is a welcome and much needed treatment for new mothers.
A soothing and healing massage will help to rejuvenate and offer you relaxation as you recover from your birth. When you feel good about yourself it is much easier to meet the needs of your baby.
Postnatal Massage after giving birth can help with:
- Relaxing muscular tension, low back pain and neck and shoulder pain.
- Encourages healing of body and mind.
- Aiding recovery from cesarean section.
- Relieves headaches.
- Relieves stiffness and soreness.
- Keeps the mother feeling balanced.
- Postural dysfunctions.
- Depression and anxiety.
- Weakness and fatigue.
- Realigns the pelvic space.
- Helping to restore the uterus to its original state.
- Supports healthy lactation
- Facilitates bonding between mama and baby.
- Reduces stress hormones.
- Provides deep relaxation.
- Relieves neck pain from carrying and breastfeeding a baby.
- Helps to eliminate fluid retention.
- Toning of muscles and overstretched skin.
- Increases blood circulation
When to start Postnatal massage
If you have experienced a normal delivery then massage can begin 5 days from the birth of your baby, if your condition permits. I recommend postnatal massage as soon as you feel ready following the birth, it will help you to feel relaxed, restored and rejuvenated. I offer personal postnatal treatments tailored to your needs, and I have packages available for ongoing support.
If you are not ready to leave your child I offer home visits up to 6 weeks postpartum to really encourage you to relax and recover at home during this intense transition. Alternatively, if you prefer to come to me you are very welcome to bring your baby. If your baby needs nursing during the massage I support side lying breast feeding.
Postnatal Massage Investment:
- £85 for 90 mins session
- £60 for 60 mins session
- For packages please get in touch with Gemma